- 7th- Open House 6-7pm
- 9th- First Day of School
- 18th- Paragon Fundraiser Begins
- 21st- 5th & 6th Grade Volleyball practice begins, PTO Meeting 6:00 pm
- 25th- Color Run Kick-Off, Pre School Screening ages 3-5
The OCE faculty hopes you have enjoyed your summer break! With that being said, the 2017-2018 school year is upon us, and there are a few important dates to mark on your calendars.
- The OCE office will open on July 26th with the hours of 7:00 am-2:00 pm.
- Open house will be on Monday, August 7th from 6:00 pm -7:00 pm. This will be a time to come get acquainted with the school and teachers.
- The first day of school is Wednesday, August 9th.
Also, OCE is still needing a volleyball and cheer coach for the upcoming year. If interested, please contact Mr. Malin.
Attached is the 2017-2018 EGSC calendar. Note that this is always available under the Calendar section of this web page.
The meeting that was originally scheduled for Monday, May 8th at 6:00 will now be at 3:15 in the OCE Library.
May 3rd- ACES Day 9:00
May 4th- Gr. 4, 5, & 6 Physicals $10
May 5th- Gr. 3 to Showplace Cinemas, Gr. 4 to Lincoln City, 5/6 Band & Choir Concert @ 7:00 in cafe
May 8th- PTO Meeting (Election of Officers) 6 pm
May 9th-1:30 Top 10 Fundraiser Money Earners vs. Varsity GBB
May 10th- Gr. 5 to Evansville Otters, House/Schmidt classes to Holiday World, School Nurse’s Day
May 11th-Track & Field Day 4-6 @ 8:30, K-3 @ 12:30
May 12th- JA in a day
May 14th- Mother’s Day
May 18th- Honor’s Day Gr. 4-6 @ 8:30
May 19th- Kindergarten to Inflatable Fun Factory, Gr. 1 to Mesker Zoo, 6th has 7th grade orientation from 8:30-10:00
May 22nd- Gr. 2 to Walther’s, Gr. 6 to Inflatable Fun Factory
May 23rd- 6th Gr. Recognition Ceremony @ 1:30 in cafe
May 24th- Last Day of School-Inflatable Day!
3rd- Book Fair begins
4th-Spring Pictures, Book Fair
5th-Fundraiser Delivery, Book Fair
6th- Book Fair Family Night 3:30-5:00
7th- Book Fair
10th-PTO Meeting @ 6:00
11th- Breakfast with the Principal, DIBELS Testing K-2
12th- 4th Grade to Farm Fair, DIBELS Testing K-2
13th- 3rd Grade to Camp Carson
14th- NO SCHOOL-Good Friday
17th- NO SCHOOL-Snow Day #4
18th- Istep Testing Begins, Fundraiser Money Due, Monroe’s Pizza Fundraiser Night
21st- Mid Terms
25th- WMJH Info Meeting for Grades 5&6 from 6:00 – 7:00 in cafeteria
- March 1st-March 10th Istep Testing
- March 3rd- Second Grade Field Trip to CMOE
- March 6th- Fundraiser Ends
- March 10th- Yearbook Sales End, End of GP #3
- March 12th-Daylight Savings, Move Clocks Up!
- March 14th- Grade 3 IRead Testing
- March 17th- St. Patrick’s Day
- March 20th- PTO Meeting @ 3:30
- March 20th-21st- Kindergarten Registration (Call for an appt.)
- March 24th- NO SCHOOL, Make up day #3
- March 27th-31st- SPRING BREAK, No School!
3rd- Mid Terms, PTO Candy Grams Due
14th- Valentine’s Day, PTO Candy Grams Delivered
17th- Make Up Day #2- SCHOOL IN SESSION, Valentine’s Dance Grades K-3 5:00 to 6:00 & Grades 4-6 6:30 to 7:30
20th- NO SCHOOL, President’s Day
21st- Yearbook Sales Begin
27th- ISTEP Testing Begins
4th- School Resumes
5th- 6th Grade Boys’ & Girls’ Basketball @ BTS 4:30
9th- 6th Grade Boys’ & Girls’ Basketball @ FES 4:30, PTO Meeting @ 6:00
10th- 5th & 6th Grade Girls’ Basketball vs. Owensville 4:30, 5th & 6th Grade Boys’ Basketball @ Holy Trinity 5:30
11th- Professional Development Day- Students will be dismissed at 12:50
12th- 5th & 6th Grade Girls’ Basketball vs. Pike Central 5:00 (6th plays first)
13th- Girls’ Basketball Tourney @BTS 4:30
16th- SCHOOL IN SESSION-Snow Make up day #1, Martin Luther King Jr. Day
17th- 5th & 6th Grade Girls’ Basketball @ Princeton 6:00 (6th plays first)
18th- Acorn Academy Continues
19th- 5th Grade Boys’ and Girls’ Basketball @ St. Peter & Paul 5:00
20th- Boys’ Basketball Tourney (here) 4:30
23rd- 5th Grade Boys’ & Girls’ Basketball vs. Winslow 4:30
26th- 5th Grade Boys’ & Girls’ Basketball @ Winslow 4:30
30th- PTO Meeting 3:15